Moji, Fukuoka Camp No4- Japan
Moji Branch Camp (Fukuoka 4-B)
Established as Moji Dispatched Camp of Yawata Temporal POW Camp at Kusunoki-cho, Moji City (current Oimatsu-cho, Moji-ku, Kitakyushu City) on November 28, 1942.
Reorganized to be Moji Branch Camp of Fukuoka POW Camp on January 1, 1943.
Renamed as Fukuoka No.4 Branch Camp on March 1, 1943.
The POWs were used by Kanmon Harbor Transport Company.
305 POWs (107 British, 102 American, 91 Dutch and 5 other nationality) were imprisoned at the end of the war.
191 POWs died while imprisonment.
The POW’s were housed in former Y.M.C.A. building in the north eastern section of the city of Moji, Kyushu, Japan, in the first part of the war. After August 1944 two further buildings were used by the POW’s the first being used as a messhall and Officers quarters and the second being used as a hospital.