The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Reginald John
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company, No 14 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Mosman Park, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- John Walter Ham
- Mothers's Name:
- Emily Mary Ham (nee Comith)
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Painter’s Assistant
- ‘ A’ Force Burma, Java Party No. 4, Williams Force
- Camps Thailand:
- 131km, 133km, Kanchanaburi, Chumphon, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade
http://2nd4thmgb.com.au/story/24th-machine-gunners-on-java-awol-blackforce/Soldier was AWOL at Fremantle and sent to Java.
Read further detailshttp://2nd4thmgb.com.au/story/24th-machine-gunners-on-java-awol-blackforce/
He was with No. 4 Party which arrived Singapore 12/10/1942 and departed Changi 14/10/1942.
At war’s end. Reginald Ham was recovered from Chumphon, Thailand.
Reg Ham married 1940 to Laurel E. Obst.
He died 11/10/1976 aged 62 years.
- Chumphon - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tonchan South, 131k - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand