The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Ayr, Scotland
- Father's Name:
- Hugh Gilmour
- Mothers's Name:
- Helen Knox Gilmour
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Johore Bahru; Adam Park; Sime Road Camp; Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II , Kanu I River Camp, Tarsau (evacuated by barge with cholera), Konkoita; Kinsaiyok, Tarsau, Chungkai, Tardan, Kachu Mountain Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade
The above was included in Daily News 12 Sep 1945 – the story included news and messages from many former POWs for families who had never received news of their loved ones.
Rear L – R Syd Harper (Perth), Tom Hampton, Reg Miller, Les Kemp, Norm Ablett, Wally Lynn, Jack Kyrios, Ted Elliott.
Front L – R, Jim Gilmour, John Gilmour, Ken Tucker, Ron Badock, Jim Elliot.
Listen to an oral history interview of Jim recorded in Singapore April 2000.
Listen to an oral history interview of Jim, Owen Morris and Jim Copeland recorded in Singapore February 2001.
Jim passed away aged 81yrs, February 25 2003, at Myaree, WA.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanu 1 151.00k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Tardan - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand
- Konkoita (Brigade or Cholera Camp) - Thailand