The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Arthur Henry
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company (From ‘C’ Coy 25.10.1941)
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Arthur Raynor Watson
- Mothers's Name:
- Not Known
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Kanchanaburi, Bangkok, Nacompaton, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp, Bangkok.
- Camps Burma:
- Reptu 30km Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Morotai-Darwin-Melboume by aircraft, Melboume-Perth, B24 Liberator aircraft.
Soldier was wounded in action Jurong Road on 10/2/1942. Admitted to 40th Field Ambulance with shrapnel and bayonet wounds to right hand. Transferred to 2/13th Australian General Hospital then to 2/9th Field Ambulance on 22/2/1942. Transferred to Australian General Hospital at Roberts Barracks Changi on 11/3/1942. Discharged to unit on 17/3/1943. This soldier enlisted in the Permanent Military Force on 8/8/1930 and served until his discharge as an R.S.M. W.O.I. on 31/8/1938. He re-enlisted with P.M.F. on 3/9/1939 with whom he served until 2.12.1940 when he enlisted with 2nd A.I.F. on 4.12.1940. This officer’s commission as a T/Capt was terminated due his being graded medically unfit.
Appointment Terminated 30/5/1951.
Height 5′ 9″
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Reptu, Retphaw, 30Kilo 385k - Burma
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand