The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D ’ Company, No. 15 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Beverley, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Jack Ninyette
- Mothers's Name:
- Rosie Ninyette
- Salvation Army
- Pre-war Occupation:
- 'A' Force Burma, Java Party No. 4, Williams Force
- Camps Thailand:
- 131km, Kanchanaburi, Konkoita (21.7.1944)
- Camps Java:
- Bicycle Camp Batavia
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade
Samuel Ninyette was one of eight Indigenous Western Australians to join the 2/4th.
Samuel Ninyette was AWOL at Fremantle when “Aquitania” sailed for Singapore. He was one of 88 men from 2/4th who sailed to Java at end of January 1942 and became part of Blackforce.
Read story of Personnel AWOL Fremantle.
(The following information from Jan James Collection)
Samuel Ninyette had 6 children with his wife Emmeline Francis Jones whom he married at Wagin 17th July 1941.
He died 17th February 1981 at RPH and was buried at Serpentine.