The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Walter George
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Guildford, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- De Courcey Cleaver Worth
- Mothers's Name:
- Olive Ernestine Worth (nee Roach)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Flour Mill Employee (Smutterman)
- Thanbyuzayat War Cemetery, Plot A14, Row A, Grave 12, Age 31.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘F’ Force Thailand
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Kami Sonkurai
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 92, Kami Sonkurai
Soldier was a member of both Colonel Kappe’s and Pond’s parties. It was thought Wally may have been the only 2/4th to be part of Pond’s Party, however we know Clive Hellmrich was also in Pond’s Party. Hellmrich requested to be with his brother Noel Hellmrich. Clive Hellmrich was Taken on Strength with 2/6th Field Park Company on 5 January 1943.
Wally Worth, unknown lady, and Harry Pickett.
Wally and Millie Worth.
The following was published in the Daly News, Perth, Western Australia on 21 September 1943
Wally’s parents De Courcey Worth and Olive Ernastine Roach married 1916. Wally was one of 8 children. Two brothers also enlisted into the services during WW2. They fortunately returned home.
Wally married Millicent Harriet Dedman during 1941. She remarried in 1954 and died in 1994.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kami Songkurai, 299k - Thailand