The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Walter Victor
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Coventry, England
- Father's Name:
- Walter Victor Winter
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Winter
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km
- Rakuyo Maru Party, Kumi No. 36 (rescued by USS Pampanito)
- Return Details 1945:
- Saipan-Guadalcanal-Brisbane-Perth, 1/11/1944.
Read the story Members of 2/4th nominated for Medal but not awarded.
And the story Surviving the Sinking of the Rakuyo Maru written by Roy Cornford NX44955 of the 2/19th Battalion, courtesy of Peter Winstanley.
Wally (centre) and Alf Winter (right)
Wally Winter died 18th July 1996 at Gosnells aged 76 years. He was buried at Fremantle Cemetery.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma