The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Harry Bussell
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Harry De’Castilla
- Mothers's Name:
- Violet May Bussell
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Konkoita, Chungkai, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp
- Camps Burma:
- Evacuated to Khonkan 55km Camp from Aungganaung 105km Camp on 1.7.1943 and discharged on 17.10.1943
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Sydney by aircraft; Sydney-Fremantle, HMT Otranto 11.10.1945
Harry was recovered from Kachu Mountain Camp near Phetburi.
Prior to enlisting Harry had been working as driller/miner at Mt Palmer, Yilgarn. He was the youngest of three sons and had four sisters.
Harry’s father a civil engineer, was City Surveyor for Perth City Council. Amongst his projects was the Toodyay Railway and surveying the water bores for the Trans Australian Railway.
Harry is cousin to ‘Pop’ Heppingstone WX8525.
Harry Married November 1952 to Mavis Love Skipsey.
He died Swanbourne 28 November 1973.
West Australian Friday 20th October 1950
Letters to the Editor
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand