The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Harry Claude
- Lance Corporal
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Watford, England
- Father's Name:
- Claude Edward Norris
- Mothers's Name:
- Elizabeth Norris
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Johore Bahru; Adam Park; Selerang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanchanaburi, Non Pladuk,Chumphon, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp, Bangkok
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft - no other details are known.
Soldier was shell shocked Buona Vista and evacuated on 15/2/1942.
Not in order: Margarita Mahoney, Lew Lonsdale, Bobie Bates, Joyce Murdoch, Wally Lynn, Harry & Lynn Norris, Norm Ablett, Cowboy & Marion Matthews.
Harry Norris died 6 November 2000.
He resided in Warradale, South Australia. He wrote to Borehole Bulletin July 1991 conveying his thanks and appreciation for 50th Anniversary Celebratations writing “an occasion I shall never forget and treasure”. He exgended his best wishes to Tom Gibson, Chris McLennan and the boys of ‘C’ Coy.
Furthermore he was writing his memoirs, but like everybody else is suffering from some degree of memory loss and would be grateful if anybody who worked with him on the railway and in any of the camps would drop him a line.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand