The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Evan Bartlett
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Lismore, New South Wales
- Father's Name:
- Alan Henry Bartlett Jones
- Mothers's Name:
- Eileen Jones
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Bank Clerk
- Selarang Camp Changi, Serangoon Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi
- J' Force Japan, Wales Maru Party
- Camps Japan:
- Kobe (Showa-Denki), Kawasakei Camp, Maruyama Park, Wakinohama
- Wales Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Yokohama-Okinawa, C54 Skymaster, Okinawa-Manila, B24 Liberator aircraft, Manila-Sydney HMS Speaker, Sydney-Fremantle, HMT Dominion Monarch
Evan was a member of ‘J’ Force transported from Singapore to Japan to a POW Camp at Kobe mid 1943. Some of the details of Kobe House are found at the story Kobe House, Japan.
Evan was employed as a bank clerk, and living in West Perth when he enlisted January 1941 at Claremont. He recorded his father as his NOK.
It is not known whether he returned to live in WA or went to Victoria.
Evan, a retired Bank Manager passed away aged 84 yrs, December 16 2001, at Mt Waverley, Victoria. His wife Lena died 13 August 2018, aged 93 years.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Serangoon Road Camp - Singapore
- Kawasaki, Maruyama Park - Japan
- Kobe, Osaka #2-B - Japan ***
- Wakinohama, Osaka #14-B - Japan