The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- George Keith
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company, No. 11 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Northam, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Levin Owen Chatfield
- Mothers's Name:
- Catherine Chatfield
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selerang Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Japan:
- Yamane 10/9/1945 to 18/5/1945, Niihama 18/5/1945 to 12/9/1945.
- 4/5986, 8762, 1585
- Rashin Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Wakayama-Okinawa, USS Sanctuary, Okinawa-Manila, USS Bingham, Manila-Sydney, HMS Speaker, Sydney-Melbourne-Perth by troop train.
George Chatfield was recovered from Niihama, Japan 12th August 1945.
George was good mates with Mick Hummerston, Slew Baxter and Floyed. Floyed WX12663 died Sandakan March 1945. The four men were in ‘C’ Company.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Nihama, Hiroshima #2-B- Japan
- Yamane, Hiroshima #3-D - Japan