The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Donald Spencer
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'C' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Dangin, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- James Edmund McGlinn
- Mothers's Name:
- Victoria Elizabeth McGlinn (nee Bond)
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Railways Platelayer
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row J, Grave 44, Age 28.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II
- 3/8883 & 8817
- Cause of Death:
- Dysentery and Avitaminosis
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Cemetery No. 2, Grave No. 45 Tarsau, on 16.7.1943
Buried by John Waddell & S. A. ‘Sue’ Currie.
Don McGlinn is first cousin to Frank McGlinn WX8478.
Their fathers are brothers, Don’s father James Edmund McGill is two years younger that Thomas McGill, the father of Frank. James and Thomas are two of about 15 children born to parents David Patrick McGlinn and Sarah Ashworth of York.
Don was the third of 8 children. His father died in 1946.
Kanchanaburi War Cemetery. Photo taken January 2018
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand