The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Ronald Edmund
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Arthur River, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Algenon Edmund Brown
- Mothers's Name:
- Alice Rose Brown
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Timber Worker
- Selarang Camp Changi, Serangoon Road Camp, Selerang Barracks Changi
- Camps Thailand:
- 'D' Force Thailand, Captain Harris Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon-Bangkok-Singapore by aircraft Singapore-Sydney, HMT Highland Chieftan, Sydney-Perth by troop train.
Ron Brown was selected in Singapore with ‘D’ Force to work on the Burma-Thai Railway. ‘D’ Force departed Singapore by train during May 1943.
When the railway was completed all the POWs from Burma and north Thailand were collected at four main camps in southern Thailand. It was here the Japanese selected the fittest to work in Japan. It would have been at one of these POW Camps , probably Non Pladuk, where Ron was selected with Both Party. They were taken back to Singapore and left 2 February 1945 for Saigon. The were the last group to be sent overseas to work.
Ron recovered from Saigon at the end of the war.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Serangoon Road Camp - Singapore
- Saigon - French Indo China