The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John William
- Nick Name:
- Jack (or Silverthorne)
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Fremantle, WesternAustralia
- Father's Name:
- William Richard Silverthorne
- Mothers's Name:
- Marian Dorothy Clay
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi, Pulan Blakang Mati, Changi Gaol Camp, Kranji Camp Woodlands
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin‐Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
Jack Clay married 1940 Frances Helen Bedford.
Prior to enlisting Jack was living in Fremantle area and employed as a tractor driver.
After the war he found employment with WAGR and was found to be residing in Marmion Street, Palmyra. They remained here through to 1972 although Frances died in 1965.
Jack Clay died in Rockingham in 1985.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Kranji Camp Woodlands - Singapore
- Pulau Blakang Mat - Singapore ***
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore