The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Phillip James
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Motor Transport Fitter
- Attachd 2/4th A.A.O.C.
- Place of Birth:
- Collie, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Albert Kenny Beilby
- Mothers's Name:
- Agnes Sarah Beilby
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Motor Mechanic
- Selarang Camp Changi
- 'A' Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Kendau 4.8km,
- Rakuro Maru Party, Kumi No 35 (rescued by USS Queenfish)
- Return Details 1945:
- Saipan-Guadalcanal-Brisbane-Perth by aircraft 1.11.1944
Read the story Members of 2/4th nominated for Medal but not awarded.
And the story Surviving the Sinking of the Rakuyo Maru written by Roy Cornford NX44955 of the 2/19th Battalion, courtesy of Peter Winstanley.
Phil and Lloyd Hadden from 2/4th attend Hadden’s younger brother Ron’s wedding.
Phil passed away aged 95yrs, April 28 2006, at Dalkeith, WA.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn