The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Edgar Albert
- Regimental #:
- Attached to the 2/4th A.A.O.C.
- Place of Birth:
- Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edgar Java Dix
- Mothers's Name:
- Clara Dix
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Radio Parts Manufacturer and Wire Winder
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi, Kranji Hospital Woodlands (39/4/1944), Changi Gaol Camp
- Soldier was selected for 'F' Force but remained in Singapore as essential personnel due to his trade skills and recurring stomach problems.
- 1/7514 and 3/7577
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Labuan, 2/lst H.M. Australian Hospital Ship Manunda 14.9.1945, Labuan-Morotai-Darwin-Perth by aircraft
Soildier was selected with F Force to work in Thailand, however was retained Changi as essential personnel.
When he returned to WA, Dix was found to have two stomachs for which he suffered illness throughout his POW in Singapore.
He was born Coolgardie 1907 and was one of two sons and one daughter to Edgar Java Dix and Clara Thomas.
He married about 1928 to Thelma Seacombe. They were recorded living in Wembvley. Edgar was employed as a radio mechanic prior to his enlistment.
Edgar died 23 May 1972 Perth, aged 65 years.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Kranji Camp Woodlands - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore