The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Reginald James
- Nick Name:
- Lance Corporal
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company, No. 4 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Waroona, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Richard Herb Miller
- Mothers's Name:
- Thelma Miller
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Mount Pleasant Camp; Selerang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’Force Thailand, Captain Fred Harris Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Kinsaiyok, Tarsau
- Camps Japan:
- Fukuoka sub-Camp No. 17, Omuta
- 3/ 8703 and 542
- Aramis Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Nagasaki‐Okinawa‐Manila; Manila-Sydney, HMS Speaker
Reg was with the 25th Light Horse Militia, Meredin prior to enlisting with AIF.
Reg Miller was at Mt Pleasant Camp with Gwynne.
He was selected to work on Burma Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force T Battalion which departed Singapore Train Station March 1943 for Thailand.
He first worked at Tarsau Camp before moving to Hellfire Pass Cutting.
We do not know when Miller joined Capt Harris Party.
He was selected as fit to work in Japan with ‘Aramis’ Maru Party and arrived Japan June 1944.
Reg sailed from Manila to Sydney on the HMS Speaker
- Mount Pleasant Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Omuta Miike, Fukuoka #17-B - Japan