The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Roy Aka Lionel Charles Evans
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Churchstanton, Taunton, Somerset, England
- Father's Name:
- John Evans (stepfather Charles E Smith)
- Mothers's Name:
- Annie Evans
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi.
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Kanu II, KanuI, Tarsau, Tamarkan, Chungkai, Nakom Chassi, Chumphon, Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp.
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft, Singapore‐Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade.
Legally adopted by Charles Edward Smith.
This soldier was shell shocked at Ulu Pandan on 12/2/1942. Evacuated to St. Joseph’s Hospital on 13/2/1942. Discharged to unit on 20/2/1942.
View Peter Winstanley’s video interview of Roy Smith WX13552.
The above was included Daily News 12 Sep 1945 – there were messages and very short stories of other soldiers who had survived the war.
Roy Smith died 25 June 2009.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chumphon - Thailand
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanu 1 151.00k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand