The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Robert James
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'A' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Perth Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Alexander McKenzie-Murray
- Mothers's Name:
- Olive May McKenzie-Murray
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Commercial Traveller
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thompson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi, Following return from Thailand - Levelling Party Changi Aerodrome, P Party, X10, Changi Gaol Camp
- 'F' Force Thailand
- Camps Thailand:
- Shimo Sonkurai, Tanbaya (hospital), Kanchanaburi (hospital)
- 1 /12032
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Fremantle, HMT Strathmore.
The following is a description of this soldier’s movements during 1943-1945:
Departed Singapore for ‘F’ Force on 19/4/1943
Departed on 23 day march on 25/4/1943
Arrived at Shimo Sonkurai Camp on 17/5/1943
Departed for Tanbaya Hospital Camp Burma on 30/8/1943
Departed Burma by train on 28/11/1943
Arrived Kanchanaburi ‘F’ and ‘H’ Force Hospital Camp on 4/12/1943
Departed Kanchanaburi on 14/12/1942
Arrived Singapore on 18/12/1943 and on 25/12/1943 occupied huts opposite Selarang Barracks
Spent Christmas in the Garden and Wood area
Moved to Changi Gaol Camp on 10/5/1944
All men on the Levelling Party remained behind.
All civilians moved to Adam Park and Sime Road Camps.
Soldier moved to Levelling Party at Changi Aeorodrome on 14/6/1944
Removed from Levelling Party 6 days later due to repeated malaria attacks. Captain George Gwynne placed soldier on mess duties and made Medical Classification 3B
Moved back to Levelling Party on 26/4/1945
On 10/7/1945 marched into No. 2 Camp Outside Changi Gaol Camp.
Bob passed away in 1992.