The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Arthur Edward
- Nick Name:
- Snow White
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- North Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Sam Morrison
- Mothers's Name:
- Martha Nellie Morrison
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Farmhand and Rabbit Trapper
- ‘Blackforce’, attached to 2/2nd Pioneer Battalion. (captured at Garoet 9.3.1942)
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Java Party No. 4, Williams Party
- Camps Thailand:
- 116km, 122km, 131km, l33km, Tamarkan, Kanchanaburi (March‐April 1944), Chungkai, Non Pladuk, Nacompaton, Sonkurai-Nikhe Defence Line, Tamuang, Bangkok.
- Camps Java:
- Bicycle Camp Batavia
- 2 /13612 & 4639
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Moreton Bay.
Arthur Morrison was one of eight Indigenous Western Australians to join the 2/4th.
This soldier suffered from tropical ulcers to his feet at the 105km Camp Burma and was treated at Kanchanaburi for this complaint.
In 1946 Arthur with several 2/4th boys decided to have a drink at the Alhambra Bar in Perth. Read the story.
Another story of Arthur’s return can be read at A man who fought but had no vote.
After the war, Morrison attended many reunions.
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Songkurai 294k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand
- Wampo, Wang Pho 114k - Thailand ***
- Bicycle Camp, Batavia, Jakarta - Java ***