The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Oswald Kitchener
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Leederville, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William John Newling
- Mothers's Name:
- Lillian Mary Newling
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Boat Repairer
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Collective Grave, Plot 3, Row F, Grave 48-53, Age 28.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- 4/6448 & 2279
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 205, Kuii
Admitted to Alexandra Hospital with appendicitis. Posted on the sick list on 27.1.1942.
Oswald Kitchener Newling was one of three brothers to enlist into 2/4th. There was Older brother Rexford Frank Newling WX8432 and younger brother Rolf Walker Newling WX8865.
Oswald and Rexford died at Kuii in 1943 and Rolf died June 1945 at Ranau on the ‘Death March’.
For further information read “Newling Brothers”
Please read about ‘D’ Force Thailand V Battalion and Kuii Camp
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kuii, Kui Yae, 185.6k - Thailand