The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Ronald Ruben
- Regimental #:
- 'E' Company, Special Reserve Battalion, No. 2 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Adelaide, South Australia
- Father's Name:
- Thomas Dundee Lymn
- Mothers's Name:
- Rosetta Robins Lymn (nee Theeuff)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- 'J' Force Japan
- Camps Japan:
- Kobe (Showa-Denki), Nagoya, Toyama
- 4/6352, 691
- Wales Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Yokohama-Okinawa-Manila by aircarft, Manila-Sydney-B24 Liberator aircraft A72-l46, Sydney-Melboume by troop train, Melbourne-Perth by ANA airliner.
Ron Lymn was the third son of Thomas Dundee Lymn and Rosetta Robins Theeuff who marriued in 1906 Broken Hill, NSW. His mother was born in SA and died in 1957 in Perth aged 71 years.
In about 1939 Lymn married Ena Kathleen Bullen.
Ronald was a member of ‘J’ Force transported from Singapore to Japan to a POW Camp at Kobe mid 1943. Some of the details of Kobe House are found at the story Kobe House, Japan.
Ron enlisted 30 October 1941 and TOS 30 December 1941 with 2/4th Reinforcements.
He was a POW at following Singapore Camps:
17.2.42 – 29.3.42 . Changi – Selarang
29.3.42 – 20.5.42 Jahore Bahru
20.5.42 – 30.12.42 Adam Park
30.12.42 – 15.5.43 Changi
Selected with ‘J’ Force Japan he was at the following camps:
15.5.43 – 7.6.43 Kobe
7.6.43 – 15.2.45 Showa Denke Carbon Factory and Docks. Left Kobe House 15.2.45 work party under Goddard.
29.5.45 – 2.9.45 Recovered from Toyama. Japanese took him to Nagoya and handed over to USMC.
Ron Lymn died 29 October 1987 at Manning, aged 73 years. His wife Ena died at Como in 2014 aged 95 years.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kobe, Osaka #2-B - Japan ***
- Nagoya - Japan
- Toyama, Nagoya #7-B - Japan