The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘E’ Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Gwalia, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Moher
- Mothers's Name:
- Mary Moher
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Clerk and Baker
- Thanbyuzayat War Cemetery, Plot A5, Row E, Grave 8, Age 28.
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Kendau 4.8km, Thetkaw, Augganaung
- Cause of Death:
- Amoebic Dysentery
- Place of Death:
- Khonkan 55km Camp
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 27, Khonkan.
Ken Moher was the youngest of six children born to William Moher (born 1862 Ireland) and Mary Wedlake who married in 1898 Perth, WA. The Moher family lived in Boulder where William was first employed at mining.
William later became a hotelier in Boulder. William Moher died at Boulder in 1926 and Mary Moher died Perth 1939.
William’s father James Moher died in 1896 Goolgardie. Both William and his father James were born in Ireland, although it is not known when they arrived in WA.
When Ken enlisted in November 1941, both of his parents had died. He had been working as a baker for the past previous years with his brother Gilbert at Wiluna.
The death of baby William Moher in 1901.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma