The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Livingston
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company, Platoon No. 2 Ack Ack
- Place of Birth:
- Boulder, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- John Richard Correy
- Mothers's Name:
- Anne Correy
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Electrical Fitter
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘ A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Kanchanaburi, Nacompaton (indications are that this soldier served as a medical orderly during his time as a POW)
- Camps Burma:
- Reptu 30km and Khonkan 55km Hospital Camps
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand‐Singapore by aircraft, Singapore -Perth from 16.9.1945 to 29.9.1945 by aircraft.
Jack was selected at Singapore to work on the Burma end of the Railway with ‘A’ Force Green Force No.3 Battalion.
We believe Jack was at the following POW Work Camps:
Victoria Point, Tavoy, Kendau 4.8km to Thanbyuzat Hospital on 26 Oct 42 to 18 Mar 43, Reptu 30K Medical Orderly 24/3/1943.
Evacuated Aunggaung 105 km to Khonkan Hospital 55K on 4 July 1943 – ulcers.
The evacuated to Tamarkan Hospital 11/1/1944, then Kanchanaburi, Nacompaton – Joined Medical Specialist Party to Nacmpaton 20 Mar 1944.
Recovered from Nacompaton 30/8/1945.
Jack was known as a good bloke and a good tradesman.
Jack attended the WA School of Mines at Kalgoorlie.
In 1936 Jack was working as an electrician at Lake View Gold Mine. In 1943 he was also at Lake View Gold Mine and his father and he were both employed as an electricians, and his mother Annie and sister Ellen ‘Gladys’ were living there too.
In 1946 Jack married Miriam (known as Pat) Wallace Cumming at East Coolgardie. Pat Cumming enlisted with RAAF as an Aircraftwoman. She was a Goldfields girl.
The couple had at least 2 sons born in 1946 and 1949. In 1949 Pat and Jack were residing 10 Richardson St, Kalgoorlie. He was working as a fitter.
From 1954, 1958m 1963, 1958 and 1972 the couple were living at Collie, Jack was an electrician.
Jack’s mother Annie died 1957, his Father in 1962 and his sister Ellen died in 1991. They are buried Kalgoorlie cemetery.
Jack died 17 Aug 1975 and Miriam (Pat) died 24 July 1977.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma
- Reptu, Retphaw, 30Kilo 385k - Burma
- Tavoy (Dawei) - river port - Burma
- Thanbyuzayat, 415k - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn