The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Lionel Rosebury
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Reinforcement TOS 2/4th 15/12/1941
- Headquarters Company, No. 2 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Albert Edward Hounslow
- Mothers's Name:
- Mary Jane Hounslow (nee Whelan)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Commercial Traveller
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Petchaburi, Kachu Mountain Camp, Bangkok
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Meiloe, Augganaung
- 6285 (Ramsay Force No.1 Battalion)
- Return Details 1945:
- Bangkok-Rangoon by aircraft; Rangoon-Singapore, HMT Highland Brigade; Singapore to Australia by ship.
Lionel (Len) Hounslow married 1930 to Jessie Annie Beatrice Murdoch. After the war the Hounslow family lived in Napier Street, Cottesloe for many years whilst Len continued working as a salesman.
Len Hounslow died 23 November 1959 aged 55 years.
Hounslow’s POW Number indicates that he was a member of Ramsay Force. It is uncertain if he was at the aerodrome camp at Victoria Point, Burma. In this case it is likely he fell sick somewhere along the way and fell in with Ramsay Force. Ramsay and Green Forces were later combined at Meiloe, 75 km Camp.
Lionel worked at Aerodrome Camp, Victoria Point.
He was recovered from Phetburi-Kachu Mountain and flown to Rangoon via Bangkok then home by ship.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Petchaburi - Thailand
- Kachau Mountain Camp - Thailand