The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'E' Company, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Monmouthshire, Pontypool, Wales
- Father's Name:
- Charles Davies
- Mothers's Name:
- Agnes Mabel Davies (nee Rapson)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Epitaph, Singapore Memorial, Column 136, Age 20.
- Cause of Death:
- Died of Wounds
- Place of Death:
- Buona Vista. Soldier had been listed as missing following the ambush at South-West Bukit Timah on 11/2/1942.
- Date of Death:
Soldier had been listed as missing following the ambush at South-West Bukit Timah on 11.2.1942 when ‘E’ Company ran into a Japanese ambush. Only 88 of the 200 man Company survived.
Gustave Davies was a Kingsley Fairbridge Farm Schoolboy. He sailed from London in a party of 39 children on Balranald and arrived in Fremantle aged 11 years on 14/11/1932. On the same 1932 journey was Ronald Burchell WX14023 also KIA 11.2.1942 at S-W Bukit Timah aged 21 years.
Gustave was housed at ‘Kitchener’ at Fairbridge.
Gustave died at age 20 as did another Fairbridge boy, Patrick George Hurst WX17351.