The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- David Victor
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Battalion Headquarters, Special Reserve Battalion
- Place of Birth:
- Geraldton, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- David Mentiplay
- Mothers's Name:
- Ethel Mentiplay
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi. Following return from Thailand - Sime Road Camp, Changi Gaol Camp.
- 'H' Force, Group No. 6, Officer's Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Perth Duke of Gloucester’s aircrafi, ‘Endeavour‘
This Officer was wounded in action at South-West Bukit Timah on 11/2/1942. He witnessed Japanese soldiers bayoneting wounded men, which infuriated him to such a degree that he rushed at the perpetrators, killing several of them. For his efforts he received a bayonet wound through his neck and leg. He was admitted to 2/13th Australian General Hospital and later discharged to his unit on 25/2/1942.
This Officer commanded the Western Australian Victory Parade contingent in London 8/6/1946. Promoted to the rank of captain on 25/7/1947.
This Officer served with the BCOF from 1947-1949 with the 67th Infantry Battalion and 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore