The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company, 12th Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Belfast, Ireland
- Father's Name:
- Andrew Fee
- Mothers's Name:
- Helen Fee
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Ship Riveter/labourer
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Bangkok
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km Camp, Victoria Point, Tavoy, Ye, Moulmein 55 km, Thetkaw 14 km,
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Sydney, HMT Highland Chieftan; Sydney-Melbourne-Perth by troop train
Driver to Mick Wedge.
Andrew Fee enlisted WW1 Services with Royal Inniskilling Fuseliers. No further information has been acquired to confirm. (June 2018)
Andrew Fee sailed from London to Sydney on ‘Borda’ arriving on 12 October 1926, his recorded age was 24 years, and his occupation recorded as farm labourer.
It is unknown when he moved to Western Australia.
Electoral Rolls records confirm him residing at Northcliffe during years 1936 and 1937 working as labourer.
After the war Andrew spent several stints working as an orderly (probably Hollywood Repatriation Hospital in 1954, 1958 and 1963).
Years 1968 he was caretaker Allen St, South Perth and in 1977 caretaker residing in North Fremantle.
Above 12 April 1945.
Helen Tyrie was recorded as Andrew’s NOK.
Unfortunately we have not been able to locate the photograph in the ‘Western Mail’ of 1941. (as at June 2018)
Andrew was recovered from on 20 August 1945 from Bangkok.
He arrived back in Perth on 17 October 1945.
Andrew Fee died 27 August 1999.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma