The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Penrod Vance
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company, No. 7 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- South Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edward Archibald Dean
- Mothers's Name:
- Mary 'Alice' Dean (nee Baldwin)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Commercial Traveller
- Selarang Camp Changi; Outram Road Prison; Levelling Party Changi Aerodrome; X3 Party; Changi Gaol Camp (Garden Control Party)
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin‐Sydney, HMTArawa; Sydney-Melbourne by troop train; Melbourne to Perth by aircraft
Penrod’s parents Edward Dean and Mary ‘Alice’ Baldwin married in 1905 at Woodville, South Australia. The couple moved to WA where their sons were born. Penrod had two older brothers and a younger brother. Edward Dean died in Perth in 1934 and Penrod’s mother died in Perth in 1954.
Penrod Dean died Melbourne 16 May 2006 aged 91 years. His wife Mabel died Melbourne 20 November 2005.
Penrod and Mabel Molloy married in 1937 Perth. They had 3 daughters and one son. Initially Penrod and Mabel (aka Bunny) remained living in Perth, however moved to Victoria.
- Changi Aerodrome - Singapore
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Outram Road Prison - Singapore ***
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore