The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John Charles
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company, No 4 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Midland Junction, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Thomas Hefferman
- Mothers's Name:
- Not Known
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Milk Vendor and Water Borer
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘ D ’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II , Kinsaiyok, Chungkai;
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Highland Brigade
John Heffernan was with Don Force ‘S’ Battalion
at Kinsayok and Chungkai Camps.
He was recovered from Thailand at war’s end.
John Heffernan died in 1990.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Chungkai, 60k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand