The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Walter Verdun
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'D' Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Harry Bow
- Mothers's Name:
- Rachel Lambert Bow
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Blacksmith's Striker
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estae Camp), River Valley Road Camp, Sererang Barracks Camp
- 'D' Force Thailand, V Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Brankassi, Hindaine, Hindato, Nacompaton, Bangkok (go-downs), Japanese Transport Camp just out of Bangkok to repair trucks. Accompanied by Swift & Manthorpe.
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Rangoon by aircraft, Rangoon-Singapore, HMT Highland Brigade, Singapore-Fremantle, HMT Moreton Bay.
Bow enlisted AIF 1 Aug 1940 later joined ‘D’ Company Headquarters as a Driver. In Singapore when a further Platoon was created to support another Vickers Gun, Bow was moved to No. 15 Platoon.
Soldier was wounded in action at Buona Vista on 15/2/1942. Admitted to 2/13th Australian General Hospital on 16/2/1942 with shrapnel wounds to the left and right buttocks. Discharged to unit on 22/2/1942.
Bow later left Singapore to work on Burma-Thai Railway with ‘D’ Force Thailand V Battalion. Please read further about this Battalion.
He remained in Thailand and was recovered from there.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand