The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Leslie Andrew
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, England
- Father's Name:
- Harry Poyser
- Mothers's Name:
- Sarah Elizabeth 'Lizzie' Poyser (nee Rurtland)
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 10, Row E, Grave 14, Age 37.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘ D ’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Konyu II, Hintok, Chungkai
- 4/6522 & 8831
- Cause of Death:
- Amoebic Dysentery and Avitaminosis
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No. 748, Chungkai.
The above men of ‘D’ Company, No. 15 Platoon
Les Poyser arrrived Fremantle 15 August 1927 on ‘Berrima’ from . London, he was 20 years of age.
In 1931 he married Dorothy ‘Rose’ Stemp in Fremantle and they had a son Leslie and daughter Jean. The family remained residing in Fremantle until Les enlisted.
Rose Stemp’s family had migrated from England. She arrived 1913 from Liverpool on ‘Zealandic’.
She died at Palmyra in 1979.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore