The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- William Hopton Patrick
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company, No. 3 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Southend-on-Sea, England
- Father's Name:
- Samuel Hood
- Mothers's Name:
- Louisa Hood
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Nacompaton
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km (1.7.1943 tropical ulcer)
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft; Singapore-Perth, PBY Catalina aircraft
Bill Hood was 7 years in Kings Royal Irish Hussars.
With A Force Burma his was recorded at Victoria Point Camp Hospital 29/6/1942, To Ye, to Tavoy, to 4.8 k, to Thetkaw 14 k, to 75 k, 55 k hospital with ulcer 1/7/1943, to 55 k Aug to Sept 1943, to Tamarkan, to Nacompaton 30/8/1945.
Bill Hood was recovered from Thailand.
He passed away 17th April 1985.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma