The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- William John
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Northam, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Robert Henry Tucker
- Mothers's Name:
- Jean Maxwell Tucker (nee Irvine)
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Epitaph, Labuan Memorial, Panel 19, Age 38.
- Selarang Camp Changi, River Valley Road Transit Camp
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Camps Burma:
- Victoria Point, Kendau 4.8km, Thetkaw, Meiloe, Augganaung
- Rakuyo Maru Party, Kumi No. 37
- Cause of Death:
- Lost at Sea
- Place of Death:
- South China Sea
- Date of Death:
Above HQ Company – Jack Tucker is standing 3rd from Right.
Height 5′ 10″
TUCKER, Private, WILLIAM JOHN, WX7484, A.I.F. 2/4 M.G. Bn., Australian Infantry. 12 September 1944. Age 38. Son of Jean Maxwell Tucker; husband of Susie Sarah Tucker, of Bassendean, Western Australia. Panel 19.
Labuan Memorial, Malaysia
Jack Tucker married about 1940 to Susie Sarah Hammerquist, who died in 1974 aged 83 years. He was stepfather to two daughters.
Susie died 1974.
Jack Tucker was one of 9 children, 6 boys and 3 girls. Two of his brothers Walter and Harold enlisted.
The Tucker appears to have resided in the West Swan/Guildford area.
Jeannie Maxwell Tucker (nee Irvine) died 1976 at Guildford, aged 85 years.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Meilo, 75 Kilo, 340k - Burma
- Saigon - French Indo China
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma