The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Robin Roy
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Fremantle, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Robert Semple
- Mothers's Name:
- Cecelia Semple
- Pre-war Occupation:
- River Valley Road Camp, X4B Party, W Party, Changi Gaol Camp, Tanjong Pagar Camp.
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne‐Perth by troop train.
Soldier was wounded in action on 9/2/1942. Gunshot wounds to both legs and left upper arm.
Semple escaped to Sumatra where he was captured and interned at Padang, Gloe Gloer Camp (Medan).
He was moved from Sumatra to Singapore via Hirukiku Maru Party. Please read further.
From West Australian Death Notices – for their mates……….
‘BELL – ANNEAR – In memory of two of our Mates, Bell and Dudley of Don Company, 2/4th M.G. Battalion, killed in action February 14 1942. Inserted by Blue Semple and Cliff Webb.’
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Tanjong Pagar Camp - Singapore
- Gloe Gloer Camp - Sumatra
- Padang - Sumatra **