The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Ronald Ralph
- Nick Name:
- Lance Corporal
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Victoria Park, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Albert Jeffery
- Mothers's Name:
- Stella Theresa Jeffery (nee Mow)
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp & Barracks Changi.
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battaion (Capt. Fred Harris party)
- Camps Thailand:
- Non Pladok.
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon‐Bangkok‐Singapore by aircraft, Singapore-Brisbane by aircraft, Brisbane‐Sydney-Melboume‐Perth by troop train.
Ron’s parents Albert Jeffery married Stella Theresa Mow in 1915, Perth.
Prior to his enlistment, Ron’s parents Albert and Stella Jeffery lived at Railway Cottage, Wongan Hills. In later years they were recorded residing at Heytesbury Road, Subiaco,.
Records show Ron left Singapore on14 March 1943 with ‘D’ Force ‘S’ Battalion to work on Thai-Burma Railway.
He was at Non Pladuk 3 March 1944 before returning to Singapore. He departed Singapore 2 Feb 1945 for Saigon.
Ron was at Saigon Docks Camp, returning to Singapore on 20 Sep 1945.
This soldier re-enlisted and served with the BCOF at Kure in Japan. His Regt. No. on enlistment was WX500151. Ron went on to the rank of Warrant Officer serving with an Australian Medical unit.
According to Electoral Rolls, Ronald Ralph Jeffery remained a soldier through the years 1954, 1977 and 1980 where he resided at 168 Heytesbury Road, Subiaco.
The following correspondence was received by Ron’s mother Stella Jeffery. The first one confirming Ron was a POW.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Saigon - French Indo China