The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Oliver Moir
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Moora, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Richard Arthur Stanwell
- Mothers's Name:
- Rachel Stanwell (nee Iffla)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Shop Assistant and Truck Driver
- Epitaph, Labuan Memorial, Panel 18, Age 39.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘E’ Force Borneo
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Sandakan No1 Camp
- Date of Death:
STANWELL, Corporal, OLIVER MOIR, WX7798, A.I.F. 2/4 M.G. Bn., Australian Infantry. 12 March 1945. Age 39. Son of Richard Arthur and Rachel Stanwell; husband of Marjorie Irene Stanwell, of Bayswater, Western Australia. Panel 18.
Labuan Memorial, Malaysia.
Oliver Moir married in 1940 to Marjorie Kensal.
His mother was born Catherine Rachel Iffla. She was the daughter of Charles Henry Iffa and Ann Elisabeth Moir.
Stanwell enlisted AIF 10 Aug 1940 later joining 2/4th MGB’ D Company Headquarters as a driver.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sandakan - Borneo ***
- Lintang Officers Camp, Kuching - Sarawak