The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Michael Herbert
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company Headquarters
- Place of Birth:
- Toodyay, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Edward James Geary
- Mothers's Name:
- Ellen Geary
- Roman Catholic
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Rabbit Trapper
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row H, Grave 2, Age 31.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand V Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kinsaiyok, Brankassi, Hindaine
- 4/6153 & 2244
- Cause of Death:
- Acute Enteritis
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Linson Camp Cemetery, Grave No. 19.
Michael Geary was with the 10th Light Horse for 4 years prior to joining the 2/4th.
Mick Geary had two surviving sisters and one brother. Mick had married in 1937 at Northam to Florence Ellen Howard . A daughter Maureen Frances Geary was born prior to 1943.
He died at Hindaine Camp on 9/8/1943 aged 31 years from acute enteritis and was buried a Linson Grave No. 19, 203K. Read further about Hindaine Camp.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand
- Hindaine, Kui Mang 200k - Thailand
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Linson Wood Camp, 202k - Thailand