The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Robert Gordon
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company, No. 3 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- Father's Name:
- Robert Clarence Henderson
- Mothers's Name:
- Ada Henderson
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp); River Valley Road Camp; Selarang Barracks Changi; Changi Gaol Camp
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore‐Labuan, 2/lst H.M. Australian Hospital Ship Manunda; Labuan, admitted to the 2/6 Australian General Hospital (21.9.1945); Labuan-Darwin by aircraft; Darwin-Perth, B24 Liberator aircraft.
Pte Gordon was admitted to AGH 3rd April 1943 arthritis to left hip joint (playing football).
He was recovered from Changi on 4th September 1945 and embarked on Hospital Ship Manunda at Singapore to Labuan (2/1st Australian Hospital Ship).
Disembarked Labuan 2/6th AGH on 21 September 1945.
Emplaned Labuan 19th October 1945 to Darwin-Perth.
Admitted Hollywood Hospital.
Robert Henderson died Geraldton in 1980 aged 73 years.
It is believed he had lived in and around Geraldton.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore