The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Harold John
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company, No. 9 Platoon
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- James Cowie
- Mothers's Name:
- Florence Amelia Cowie
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Truck Driver
- Selarang Camp Changi, Thompson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp), River Valley Road, Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘F’ Force Thailand
- Camps Thailand:
- Shimo Sonkurai, Sime Road Camp, Changi Gaol Camp
- 3/7415 and 13618
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin-Sydney, HMT Arawa, Sydney-Melbourne by troop train, Melbourne-Perth, HMT Strathmore
Whilst in Singapore Harold was selected to work on the Burma-Thai Railway with ‘F’ Force Thailand. Harold departing by rail about 20 April 1943 to Thailand.
Harold was in hospital at Sonkurai 24 – 28th Sept 1943, and Shimo Sonkurai Hospital from 28 May to 23rd June 1943.
Harold was recovered from Changi Camp on 4 September 1945.
Kalgoorlie Miner, July 1947.
After the war Harold moved to Kalgoorlie where he worked with his brother in a business.
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp) - Singapore
- Shimo Sonkurai, 288k - Thailand