The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Reginald Gordon
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Headquarters Company
- Place of Birth:
- Subiaco, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Gordon Alfred Magor
- Mothers's Name:
- Doris Irene Magor
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, V Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Brankassi, Non Pladuk
- Camps Japan:
- Fukuoka sub-Camp No. 17, Omuta
- 3/8596, 582
- Aramis Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Nagasaki-Manila, USS Lunga Point, Manila-Morotai-Darwin, PBY Catalina aircraft A24-354, Darwin-Melbourne, B24 Liberator aircraft, Darwin-Perth by aircraft.
Reginald Gordon ‘Gus’ Magor and Hector John ‘Blue’ Bishop were best mates. The two friends travelled from Kalgoorlie to Perth where they enlisted on 23 October 1940. Both were drivers and joined Headquarters Company.
In 1941 Blue Bishop married Joyce Davenport.
Returning to Western Australia at War’s end, Gus Magor married Ruth Davenport, sister to Joyce Bishop (nee Davenport).
Tragically ‘Blue’ Bishop was killed during the battle of Singapore. He died 12 February 1942 and his son Dennis was born 2 weeks later.
Read about mates ‘Blue’ Bishop and Gus Magor
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Omuta Miike, Fukuoka #17-B - Japan