The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Hector Cecil Stanley
- Nick Name:
- Jock or Scotty
- Corporal (Promoted on 11.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Leslie, Scotland
- Father's Name:
- John MacMaster
- Mothers's Name:
- Catherine MacMaster
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row J, Grave 53, Age 37.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II
- Cause of Death:
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Cemetery No. 2, Grave No. 146, Tarsau on 26.7.1943.
MacMaster played the bag pipes. When asked to play he would usually reply with his Scottish accent “Fook the pipes”.
He had managed to chop off one of his big toes whilst timber cutting.
Whille in Singapore he was selected with ‘D’ Force S Battalion to work on the Burma-Thai Railway. He departed by train from Singapore Station on 14 March 1943. On 25 July 1943, MacMaster died of beri-beri at Tarsau Camp,Thailand. He was 37 years old.
Today he rests at the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery with 91 mates from the 2/4th.
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand