The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- James Noel
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- Driver/Stretcher Bearer
- Battalion Headquarters, No. 3 Platoon.
- Place of Birth:
- Arkholme, Lancashire, England
- Father's Name:
- Arthur Hall
- Mothers's Name:
- Elizabeth Hall
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Farmer and Miner
- Selarang Camp Changi; Thomson Road (Caldecot Hill Estate Camp); River Valley Road Camp; Selarang Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, V Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Brankassi, Hindaine, Kuii, Non Pladuk, Ubon
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft and admitted to the 2/14th Australian General Hospital; Singapore-Fremantle, HM Hospital Ship Karoa
The three mates were working as miners at Norseman when they enlisted. Hall and Blaschek would have only learnt of Wilkie’s death in November 1945.
Returning home safely after the war, Jimmy Hall returned to the Goldfields to live and work as a miner until his death 1988. He lived at 23 Austral Road.
We cannot confirm whether he married widow Helen Mary Adelaide Ruwoldt (nee Joynes) later in his life. She died Kalgoorlie 1995.
James Noel Hall died 12.8.1988 and buried Kalgoorlie Cemetery.
He was selected as a POW at Singapore to work on the Thai-Burma Railway with ‘D’ Force V Battalion.
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Brankassi, Prang Kasi, 208k - Thailand
- Hindaine, Kui Mang 200k - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Ubon - Thailand ***