The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- John William
- Nick Name:
- Sergeant (Promoted on 15.2.1942)
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Morgan’s, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- John Matthew Sanderson
- Mothers's Name:
- Anna Sanderson (nee Kieswetter)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Commercial Traveller
- Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, Plot 1, Row J, Grave 43, Age 35.
- Selarang Camp and Barracks Changi
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Kanu II, Kanu I (evacuated sick to Tarsau)
- Cause of Death:
- Beri-Beri and Dysentery
- Place of Death:
- Date of Death:
- Grave No.17, Tarsau
Jack Sanderson married in 1939 Murchison to Dorothy Jean Calder.
It is believed Dorothy Sanderson lived until she was 100 years old and died in July 2012.
Jack Sanderson played 19 games with West Perth Football team in 1930-31.
Jack was a very good mate with Ron Badock. Jack was a travelling salesman for Sandovers, travelling from Wiluna to Esperance. He was a big man weighing nearly 15 stone but weighed less than half at death. (information from Ron Badock)
This NCO was an original member of No. 7 Platoon. When Sergeant N. J.Harris was evacuated to hospital, Sergeant K. D. Tucker was promoted to Senior Sergeant and Corporal J. W.
Sanderson was promoted to Sergeant and transferred to No. 9 Platoon. This NCO was a highly thought of ‘B’ Company member.
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanu 1 151.00k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand