The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Horace Lewis Armstrong
- Mothers's Name:
- Jessie May Armstrong
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi
- 'D' Force Thailand, S Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tarsau, Kanu II, Tamuang
- Camps Japan:
- Yamane, Nihama
- 8748, 1561
- Rashin Maru Party
- Return Details 1945:
- Wakayam-Okinawa, USS Sanctuary, Okinawa-Manila, USS Bingham, Manila-Morotai-Darwin, PBY Catalina aircraft A24-306, Darwin~Perth by aircraft 10.10.1945.
Standing: Left-right C. Vidler, B.Fitzgerald, H.E. Saw, N.H.E Thompson, L.M. Murray, L. Armstrong.
Front Row: Left-right D.F. Sterrett, John Gilmour.
At Window: C.J. McDonald. 1941 Woodside SA.
Photograph taken by John Lane, donated AWM.
Len Armstrong returned to take up his hairdressing profession. He was frequently visited by his 2/4th mates for a ‘cut and chat’.
Len died end of 1995.
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Tamuang, Tha Muang 39k - Thailand
- Tarsau, Tha Sao 125k - Thailand
- Nihama, Hiroshima #2-B- Japan
- Yamane, Hiroshima #3-D - Japan