The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Regimental #:
- 'B' Company
- Place of Birth:
- Water End, Herts, England
- Father's Name:
- Hugh Crawford Holm
- Mothers's Name:
- Lilian May Frances Holm (Nee Marr)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Kranji War Cemetery, Plot 3, Row B, Grave 5, Age 24.
- Cause of Death:
- Died of Wounds
- Place of Death:
- 2/10th Australian General Hospital
- Date of Death:
- 70 yards south of 13 mile peg on the main Singapore-Changi Road in the British cemetry.
Wounded in action at Pasir Panjang on 14.2.1942. Gunshot wounds to his skull, right hand and legs. Died of cerebral abscess at 1900 hours on 2.3.1942 at Changi. The funeral service was conducted by Chaplain F. X. Corry, 2/4th Machine Gun Battalion. NCO’s body was exhumed and placed into Grave No. 90, AIF Cemetery Changi on 22.6.1943
Prior to enlisting David Holm was working as a farmhand for Noel
Warren, Greenbushes. Before coming to Australia, he was landscaping in Guernsey.
David is recorded as arriving on “Albion Star” which departed Liverpool, England on 2 February 1939. Shipping record states he is 21 years old and a fruit farmer.
He had two brothers John and Archibald and a sister Joyce.