The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Eric George
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘C’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Southern Cross, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- William Dunbil Watt
- Mothers's Name:
- Bertha Watt
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi, Serangoon Road Camp, River Valley Road Camp, Selarang Barracks Changi. Sime Road Camp, Pasir Panjang, A. G. H. Roberts Barracks Changi, Kranji Hospital Woodlands, Changi Gaol Camp.
- ‘ H ’ Force Thailand, 'H' Force Group No. 3.
- Camps Thailand:
- Hintok Road Camp, Kanu I I , Kanchanaburi
- Return Details 1945:
- Singapore-Darwin‐Melboume, lst Netherlands Military Hospital Ship Oranje, Melbourne-Perth by troop train.
Soldier suffered greatly from beri-beri, dysentery and malaria. He was one of many sick at Kanu II Malayan Hamlet, who was cared for by Alby Miller and Jock Leith.
Lofty passed away aged 92yrs, February 6 2003, at Karawara, WA.
Height 6′ 1/2″
- Changi Gaol Camp - Singapore
- Kranji Camp Woodlands - Singapore
- River Valley Road Camp - Singapore
- Roberts Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Serangoon Road Camp - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Hintok, 154k - Thailand
- Kanchanaburi, 50k - Thailand
- Kanu II, 152.30k - Thailand
- Malay Hamlet 153.00km - Thailand