The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Albert Leslie
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘D’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Perth, Western Australia
- Father's Name:
- Albert Tapper
- Mothers's Name:
- Mary Margaret Bain Tapper (nee Sinclair)
- Church of England
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Grocer and Farm Contractor
- Selarang Camp Changi
- ‘A’ Force Burma, Green Force, No. 3 Battalion
- Camps Thailand:
- Tamarkan, Chungkai, Nacompaton, Rin Tin, Nacompaton, Bangkok
- Camps Burma:
- Khonkan 55km Hospital Camp (medical orderly)
- Return Details 1945:
- Thailand-Singapore by aircraft, Singapore‐Perth, Duke of Gloucester’s aircraft 'Endeavour'.
Snow’s parents Albert Leslie Tapper (Snr) and Mary Margaret Bane Sinclair married in Esperance in 1913.
Snow married in 1947 to Kathleen Margery Woodward. Snow and Kathleen lived in Bunbury where Snow was employed as a Waterside Worker until at least 1980. The couple had children Leanne and Richard and possibly more.
Snow passed away aged 65, May 23 1983, Hollywood Hospital, Perth.
Height 5′ 4 3/4″
Should the family of Snow Tapper read this – we ask that you contact us via our email, so that we may acquire further information and photographs. Thank you!
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Rin Tin, Lin Tin 180k - Thailand
- Tamarkan, Tha Makham 56k - Thailand
- Aungganaung,105Kilo - Burma
- Kendau, Kandaw, 4 Kilo - Burma
- Khonkan, 55Kilo Hospital 360k - Burma
- Meilo, 75 Kilo, 340k - Burma
- Tavoy (Dawei) - river port - Burma
- Victoria Point, Kawthoung - Burma. \'A\' Force, Green Force No. 3 Btn
- Thetkaw 14 Kilo - Burma