The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Nick Name:
- Regimental #:
- ‘A’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Burton on Trent, England
- Father's Name:
- Roger Tysoe
- Mothers's Name:
- Martha Ann Tysoe
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Yokohama War Cemetery, Plot B, Row A, Grave 14, Age 35.
- Selarang Camp Changi, Johore Bahru, Adam Park, Selarang Barracks Changi
- Camps Japan:
- Wales Maru Party
- Cause of Death:
- Chronic Beri-Beri and Influenza
- Place of Death:
- Kobe House, Osaka
- Date of Death:
- Soldier’s body was cremated and enshrined at Juganji Temple, Osaka
Harry Tysoe’s ticket to travel on MS Duntroon from Fremantle to Adelaide July 1941.
Letter received by Eileen Tysoe, from Japan, family have always been unsure of who wrote it as this was not Harry’s hand writing.
Small card given to Eileen stating time and date of his passing at Kobe, Osaka.
Sparrow’s dog tags.
Read the story of Harry Tysoe WX9226.
Harry was a member of ‘J’ Force transported from Singapore to Japan to a POW Camp at Kobe mid 1943. Some of the details of Kobe House are found at the story Kobe House, Japan.
TYSOE, Private, HARRY, WX9226, A.I.F. 2/4 M.G. Bn., Australian Infantry. 26 November 1943. Age 35. Son of Roger and Martha Ann Tysoe; husband of Eileen Jessie Tysoe, of Albany, Western Australia. Grave Ref. Aust. Sec. B. A. 14.
Height 6′ 1/2″
Yokohama War Cemetery, Japan.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Kobe, Osaka #2-B - Japan ***