The Soldier's Details
- First Name:
- Harold Gerard
- Regimental #:
- ‘B’ Company
- Place of Birth:
- Newport, Wales
- Father's Name:
- Sydney Christopher Hockey
- Mothers's Name:
- Elizabeth Hockey
- Pre-war Occupation:
- Selarang Camp Changi; Johore Bahru; Adam Park; Sime Road Camp; Selarang Barracks Changi.
- ‘D’ Force Thailand, details not known but possibly with Captain Harris Party
- Camps Thailand:
- Kinsaiyok, Nacompaton, Non Pladuk
- 1/ 8044 and 3 /8121
- Return Details 1945:
- Saigon-Bangkok-Singapore, by aircraft; Singapore-Morotai-Sydney-Melbourne-Perth by aircraft.
Harold was wounded by a USAAC P38 Lightning aircraft whilst in transit to Phan Rang.
As Harold Hockey was recovered from Saigon, it is probable he was selected for Saigon whilst at Non Pladuk with several other 2/4th boys. The Party departed Singapore on 2 February 1945 and worked at the Saigon Docks.
The above was included ‘Daily News’ 12 Sep 1945. The news included messages and communication for families, some had never received any news of their loved one since capitulation in Singapore 15 February 1942.
- Adam Park Camp - Singapore
- Johore Bahru, - Malaysia
- Selarang Barracks Changi - Singapore
- Selarang Camp Changi - Singapore
- Sime Road Camp - Singapore
- Kinsaiyok Main, 170.2k - Thailand
- Nacompaton, Nakom Pathom Hospital - Thailand
- Non Pladuk, 0k - Thailand
- Saigon - French Indo China